Children of the Light
Aug 13, 2022
Subject: Children of the Light
Scripture Reading: 1 Thessalonians 5: 1 – 11
Memory Verse: Matthew 5: 16
Objective: A reminder of who we are & what we are called to do.
1. Who does Jesus declare Himself to be? John 8: 12, John 9: 5; similarly, what does He say about us, His followers? Matthew 5: 14
2. In a dark and insipid world, what responsibility is placed on the people of God? Matthew 5: 13 & 16
3. What is further said of us His followers? 1 Thessalonians 5: 5 – 6
4. How does a loving Saviour encourage us, His followers, to remain in the light? John 12: 35 – 36 (first part)
5. Having accepted the light, how are we instructed & admonished in our walk with Christ? Ephesians 5: 8 – 20; and how does John further help us? John 1: 5 – 7
6. How is the path of the just & the wicked contrasted? Proverbs 4: 18 – 19
7. To be categorized as “children of the light” we must possess a very important quality. How expressly does the scripture speak on this topic? 1 John 2: 8 – 11; and how are we cautioned by the doctor? Luke 11: 35
Note: We will never be able to heal if we continue to live in sin while "claiming" to be Christians. An important step is to conduct an honest and accurate self-examination and personal inventory of our spiritual status. We will achieve a cleansed conscience and a fulfilling relationship with our Saviour if we choose to walk in the light constantly, acknowledging our flaws as the light reveals them. Let us not hide our light under a bushel, but rather on a candlestick, so that we can illuminate the darkness.