God’s Will and Ours Contrasted
May 14, 2022
Subject: God’s Will and Ours Contrasted
Scripture Reading: Matthew 6: 24 - 34
Memory Verse: Luke 22: 42
Objective: Understanding that it is never about our will when it comes to obeying God.
1. What is God’s expressed will for His people, and how does He caution us to avoid undue stress? Matthew 6: 31 - 34
2. Does the term “ALL THESE THINGS” in Matthew 6: 33 mean those things that God has already promised, or all of our desires? (Discuss)
3. How was it shown in 2 Corinthians 12: 6 - 10 that God’s will superseded Paul’s desire?
4. “The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us” (ADAPTED). How does James 4: 2 - 10 compel us to examine our desires in relation to God’s will?
Note: It is only natural that we desire to keep pace with the constant advancement in all spheres of life. However, in our quest to upgrade, advance and excel, God’s will must be uppermost in our minds.
5. How can we utilize our material wealth to assist others while living in a state of readiness? Luke 12: 31 - 40
6. What are we asked to do with persons and things that constantly weigh us down? Hebrews 12: 1; and how candidly did Jesus instruct us on this matter? Matthew 5: 29 - 30