Hold On, Help Is On The Way
Jan 7, 2023
Subject: Hold On, Help Is On The Way
Scripture Reading: Matthew 4: 1 – 11
Memory Verse: 1 Peter 5: 10
Objective: To encourage us to fight to the end as God is our very present help.
Introduction: Jesus Christ, The Son of the living God, was not exempt from the attacks of the evil one. He was tempted at the most vulnerable time in His life. We who are followers of Christ will face the wiles of the devil.
1. What were the darts thrown at Jesus? Matthew 4: 1 – 10; And how did a merciful, kind, and loving Father come to His rescue? Matthew 4: 11
2. When Joshua and the children of Israel were about to invade Jericho, how did God assure him of a victory? Joshua 5: 13 – 15
3. Even when we are wounded, we must persevere because the fainthearted will never be victorious. What example is left for us by Jacob about never giving up? Genesis 32: 24 – 29
4. Thirty-eight (38) years is a long time, however, despite our deficiencies, when God sees us trying, what special blessing awaits us? John 5: 1 – 9
5. What assurance comes to us from God Himself? 1 Corinthians 10: 13
6. As a child of God, where should we look for help? Hebrews 2: 17 – 18, Hebrews 4: 14 – 16, Psalm 121: 1 – 2, Psalm 46: 1
7. At one particular time how did Joshua and the children of Israel prevail against Amalek? Exodus 17: 8 – 13; what lesson can we learn from doctor Luke? Luke 18: 1 – 8
Note: On this Christian pathway we will sometimes face difficult and trying circumstances. Our adversary, the devil, is always at our heels, trying to break us. However, if we submit to God and resist him, while earnestly contending for the faith, we will receive divine intervention and come out as spiritual champions.