John Witnessed and Wrote It All
Mar 5, 2022
Subject: John Witnessed and Wrote It All
Scripture Reading: Revelation 1
Memory Verse: Matthew 24: 3
Objective: To emphasize from the scriptures that we are at the end of “end times”.
1. With what attitude will the Church understand the scriptures? Isaiah 28: 9 - 10; and what advice does the apostle Paul give? 2 Timothy 2: 14 - 16
2. To whom was it given to understand the mysteries and symbolic meaning of the scriptures? Matthew 13: 10 - 11
3. Why was the vision in Revelation given, and on what condition do we receive the blessings enveloped within? Revelation 1: 1 - 3
4. Having closed out the church age, John was spiritually transported to the throne room of God. How did he react when he realized that there was none worthy to open this special book with much needed information? Revelation 5: 1 - 2; and how did help come? Revelation 5: 5 - 9
Note: The opening of these seals signifies the beginning of the greatest period of suffering to be experienced in the history of man. Intensified religious deception and martyrdom, catastrophic wars, famines, pestilence, disease, pandemics and death, will be the new normal.
5. How did John lay this out in a symbolic form? Revelation 6: 1 – 8; and how does the other three gospels concur with this? Matthew 24: 1 - 7, Mark 13: 3 - 9; Luke 21: 7 - 12
6. As we approach this dreaded period, how are the saints encouraged to conduct themselves? Hebrews 10:19 - 25; 2 Timothy 2: 1 – 4; and what is specifically asked of God’s ministers/teachers? 1 Timothy 4: 6 & 15
7. The way to escape God’s judgment has been made known to us. What is the question being posed to us as we end the lesson? Hebrews 2: 1 - 4