No Time Like the Present
Mar 11, 2023
Subject: No Time Like the Present
Scripture Reading: Luke 16: 19 – 31
Memory Verses: Luke 16: 27 & 28
Objective: To bring an awareness to the danger of procrastination.
Introduction: An investor had an intention to purchase stocks in a manufacturing company. He delayed his action and after some time he decided to go through with the plan. He then realized that the stocks had appreciated, and it would cost a lot more to complete the transaction. Had he moved at the time of intent, he would have made a profit. Are you going to wait until you are not able to act on the desire to serve God? There is no time like the present.
1. How soon after being convinced that Jesus is the Messiah did the woman at the well receive salvation? State her reaction. John 4: 26 – 30
2. Did others receive this good news with urgency? Mark 2: 13 – 14
3. What does the scripture say about the message of salvation? Matthew 3: 1 – 3, 7 & 8; Acts 2: 38; Revelation 3: 19
4. How seriously should the living consider repentance and why? Luke 16: 22 – 29
Note: We cannot overemphasize the importance of doing right in the present. Delay is dangerous and time lost can never be regained. Give your life to Jesus now and reap eternal life later.
5. How does a loving God continue to plea with the rebellious? Isaiah 1: 18 – 20
6. When is the most opportune time to repent and why is procrastination considered foolish? Hebrews 3: 15 – 16; Luke 12: 18 – 20