Reverence God’s House
Jan 9, 2021
Subject: Reverence God’s House
Scripture Reading: Matthew 21: 10 – 17
Memory Verse: Psalm 5: 7
Objective: To spark a greater respect to the sanctuary (place of worship).
Note: The house of God is dedicated to His service. Therefore, it should be used and treated in a manner that God will be pleased and present when we come to worship. Respect should always be shown at all times in words and actions especially when we come into the house of God.
1. What did God instruct His people to do and why? Exodus 25: 8
2. After the house was built, what was Israel to do? Leviticus 19: 30
3. What did God say about the things that are dedicated to His service? Leviticus 27: 28 & Habakkuk 2: 20
4. Why should God’s house be reverenced? Psalm 111: 9
Note: God’s presence makes the place holy; wherever God meets His people, that place is holy. We need to remind ourselves that we are in the presence of the Lord as soon as we enter His sanctuary and as such, we must be careful of what we do or say. See Exodus 3: 5 & Joshua 5: 15.
5. What was the fate of Nadab and Abihu when they disrespected the priestly office and by extension, God’s house? Leviticus 10: 1 – 2
6. How did Christ show His disapproval for the irreverence of the church? Matthew 21: 12 – 13
7. For whom is God’s house made and for what purpose? Isaiah 56: 7
Conclusion: As much as we now have a heightened understanding in the way we treat our place of worship, let us bear in mind that God’s temple is our bodies (1 Corinthians 3: 16). We must keep ourselves pure that He will be glorified through us. Are you willing to keep your sanctity?