Suffering for Christ's Sake
Jul 11, 2020
Subject: Suffering for Christ's Sake
Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 4: 1-19
Memory Verse: Acts 14: 21 - 22
Objective: To create an awareness of the positive impact of suffering for Christ.
1. What did Jesus warn His disciples to expect? John 16:1 - 3
2. Identify an experience we must encounter before entering the Kingdom of God and should we be surprised when it comes? Acts 14: 22; 1 Peter 4: 12; 2: 21
Note: When there is a pending storm the meteorologist sends out first a watch and then a warning. Those who pay attention to these will try to reduce the impact of the storm on them. We are no longer at the level of a watch, but a warning. In the tough times ahead batten down and submerge in the safe arms of our sweet deliverer, Jesus.
3. Give the examples of patient endurance as provided in James 5: 10?
4. How are believers temporarily affected by tribulation and how are we urged to face this? Psalm 55: 3 - 6; Romans 12: 12
5. To what depth of despondency did our Saviour momentarily reach during in His affliction? Matthew 27: 46
6. What is Paul's example of joy in tribulation? 2 Corinthians 12: 10
Note: Believers are asked to lean on our heavenly Father for sustenance and support during these storms.
7. State God's promise to sustain those who suffer for His sake? Colossians 1: 11
Conclusion: Our attitude and approach during these troublesome times must show the power of God in our lives. When we are prepared, we will not be overthrown by these crafts of the adversary. Get secured in Him who died for you.