The Effectiveness of Sincere Prayer
Mar 27, 2021
Subject: The Effectiveness of Sincere Prayer
Scripture Reading: Daniel 6
Memory Verse: Daniel 6: 10
Objective: The primary aim of this lesson is to educate members on the effectiveness of sincere prayer and the need to exercise faith.
Introduction: According to the Oxford Press 2018, prayer is defined as ‘a communication process that allows us to talk to God.’ In order for one’s prayer to be sincere and effective, one must be pure, upright and fervent in his or her beliefs both in secret and in the open. As Christians let us pray without ceasing and always be sincere in the sight of God.
1. Why should we be sincere and fervent in prayer? Psalm 62: 8 & James 5: 16
b) Share an example where you were sincere in prayer and the Lord answered your request.
2. How can one’s prayer be effective? 1 John 1: 9 & Mark 11: 24 b) Using the reflective technique, share an encounter you had that has helped you to be sincerer in prayer.
3. Why are we required to pray? Mark 10: 27 & Hebrews 4: 15
4. How do we pray effectively? Ephesians 6: 18. Discuss briefly.
Note: Too often, we are uneasy when we pray and our prayers are not being answered. Let us take some time to reflect on our lifestyle at home, school, work, play and even when we are in the darkest of situations. Let us be reminded that no good thing will God withhold from us, once it is in His will for us.
5. Describe the sincerity of David’s prayer in Psalm 51.
6. Discuss the effectiveness of Hannah’s prayer in 1 Samuel 1: 8 – 15, and the blind men in Matthew 9: 27.