The Lord, Our Passover
Mar 20, 2021
Subject: The Lord, Our Passover
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 11: 17-34
Memory Verses: 1 Corinthians 5: 7 & 8
Objective: To acknowledge Jesus as our Passover
1. When we come to Christ, what did Paul ask us to get rid of and why? 1 Corinthians 5: 7
Note: The bakers will tell you that when a little yeast is put in the dough it rises. It changes the size of the dough; so, it is with sin, when a little enters our bodies it changes our lives from one of high standard to one of shame and disgrace.
2. Having entered the body of Christ, what experience should we have? Galatians 2: 20 & Colossians 3: 5; and what should we do and undo to partake of a holy meal? 1 Corinthians 5: 8
3. What did the Lord reveal to Paul? 1 Corinthians 11: 23 – 25; and what important event are we reminded of when we partake of this special meal? 1 Corinthians 11: 26
4. Since this is such an important event, what should we be careful of and how should we avoid condemnation? 1 Corinthians 11: 27 – 29
5. What accompanies this eating and drinking? John 13: 2 – 4, 13 & 14
6. What happens to those who do not make themselves ready to partake of the Lord’s Supper? John 6: 53
Conclusion: It is very clear from the scriptures that the last meal Jesus had with His disciples was of great importance. It was at this meal that He explained to them the significance of His death to humanity. Just as the lamb was slain on Abib 14th in Egypt, Jesus was crucified the same date years later. The blood of the lamb was the sign then and the blood of Jesus is the sign now. If we do not partake of this meal, we are denying the blood of Christ and therefore leave ourselves exposed to the wrath of God’s vengeance. Accept, appreciate and embrace our Passover, Jesus Christ.