The Lord will FIGHT your BATTLES
Jun 24, 2023
Subject: The Lord will FIGHT your BATTLES
Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 20: 1 – 29
Memory Verse: Exodus 14: 14
Objective: To bring a greater awareness to believers that there is nothing too formidable or monumental for God to handle.
Introduction: Every believer is different and faces battles at varied levels. At times, we try to solve problems on our own, and not allow God to work. In the midst of any battle, we are encouraged to be still. Knowing that God fights for us should bring calmness and peace into our battles, because He rules over all the worries, fears, sickness, and storms in our lives. Our God is a very present help in times of trouble.
Note: Situations we face sometimes may outnumber our faith and trust in God. However, we were reminded in a previous lesson that ‘obstacles are no reason to fear’, as the same God who fought battles yesterday is still alive today and will fight your battles for you. If you have prayed to God about an issue, step back and allow Him to work on your behalf. Take comfort in knowing that when God fights your battles, it will be complete and sound victory resulting in lasting peace. Toss fear and lack of faith aside, as they will prevent victories.
3. In addition to getting word from the Lord, what was the king summoned to do? 2 Chronicles 20: 16 – 17. What additional assurance came from God through the prophet and what was his actions? 2 Chronicles 20: 17, 21 – 23
4. While fleeing from Egypt, the Israelites were caught in what they thought was a seemingly impossible situation. How was this illustrated, and how did God act on their behalf? Exodus 14: 8 – 16 & 21 – 31
5. How confident were the Hebrew boys in God fighting their battle and what was the result? Daniel 3: 17 – 21, 24 – 27
6. All battles, whether physical or spiritual, belong to the Lord. What is said of the battles we will face in this present time? Ephesians 6: 12. While God fights our battles, what should be our due diligence? Ephesians 6: 13 – 18
7. Our battles may not be won the way we want or expect. When it seems like God is not fighting for us, what BOLD statement should we make amidst our circumstance? Romans 8: 35 – 39