Nov 7, 2020
Subject: The Tongue
Scripture Reading: James 3
Memory Verse: Matthew 15: 11
Objective: To allow the school to be aware of the effect of the use of the tongue.
1. What does the bible say about the tongue? James 3: 6 & 8
2. What is one thing that distinguishes a foolish man from a prudent one? Proverbs 12: 23
3. What is the action of a man of understanding? Proverbs 11: 12
4. What does the bible call a person who destroys his/her neighbour with his mouth? Proverbs 11: 9
5. If we are to have a faithful spirit, what must we do? Proverbs 11: 13
6. Should we count it a small matter when we have kindled a little fire with the tongue? James 3: 5
Note: Every raging forest fire has a small beginning. So it is with the fires of the tongue. They may start small, but soon spread engulfing and destroying many.
7. What evidence must a wise man show to prove his authenticity? James 3: 13; and how is the “wisdom that is from above” characterized? James 3: 17
8. Is ordering your conversation aright a matter of life and death? Proverbs 13: 3; and what must a man do to be perfect? James 3: 2, 4: 8 & 10