Honouring Biblical Financial Obligations
Jul 31, 2021
Subject: Honouring Biblical Financial Obligations
Scripture Reading: Matthew 10: 1 – 15
Objective: To highlight the necessity of honouring the financial obligations that God requires.
2. In instructing His disciples as they were about to go on their missionary journey, what was one of the instructions given? Matthew 10: 5 – 10
3. In his address to the Gentile converts at Corinth, what did Paul bring to their attention? 1 Corinthians 9: 11 – 13
Note: God set His church in order then, and sets it ‘now’. He is not a slack God. He is not the author of confusion. He is a God of principle and He expects us to follow what He puts in place. If the church (each member) does what God says, we will be amazed at how God responds to what we ask of Him.
4. What did Paul say was specially ordained by God? 1 Corinthians 9: 14
5. Why did Paul say it is our obligation to support the ministry financially? 1 Corinthians 9: 7 – 9
Note: Paul made it clear that members of the church have a God given responsibility. He made sure to explain that he was not placing emphasis on that issue for his personal benefit. He was only confirming what God ordained and showing us that it is our duty to obey His command.
6. What portion of our increase are we asked to bring to God’s house and for what purpose? Malachi 3: 7 – 11
8. How did Jesus emphasize this scriptural command? Matthew 23: 23
Note: It is important to note that we have nothing to lose when we support God’s work by being obedient to His word. Do it willingly and not with covetous eyes and faithlessness – and prove God – and most importantly, ‘save your souls’.