The Escape Route
Nov 11, 2023
Subject: The Escape Route
Scripture Reading: John 10: 1 – 18
Memory Verses: Matthew 7: 13 & 14
Objective: To identify the only escape route from the destruction and desolation ahead.
Note: When we look at the temporal side of life, we understand that an escape route is a planned or predefined path or means available to individuals in times of trouble to ensure a safe evacuation. In contrast, God in His infinite mercy offered the chance of hope to humanity, a divinely planned and prepared route for mankind to avoid the anguish and despair that awaits.
1. Whose actions caused the fall of mankind, what did they do? Genesis 3: 1 – 7
Note: God created man to live in fellowship with Him. When man fell, humanity was vastly infected by sin that carved a great separation between themselves and God. This brought judgment on mankind, inclusive of eternal death. This is something that all can escape when we accept Christ as our Lord and Saviour and live according to the words of God.
3. The present condition of man is excessively evil. Is there provision madeby God for him? John 3: 16 & Romans 8: 32, and through whom? Hebrews 2: 9, Roman 5: 6 – 11, 1 Thessalonians 5: 9 – 10
5. What signs precedes the destruction and desolation spoken of in the words of God? Matthew 24: 6 – 7 & 29 – 30, Acts 2: 19 – 21, 2 Peter 3: 10 & Revelation 6: 12 – 13
7. For those who refuse to take this route, what will be their fate? Luke 16: 19 – 31, Revelation 6: 12 – 17
Note: The writer pens the words of the song: 'Can you not see the picture of those who are lost in sin? Standing outside the portals, without a hope to win'? Soul-crushed, with deepest sorrow, without a friend to guide. Oh, what an awful picture, standing outside!” Let us endeavour not to allow this to be fulfilled in our lives.
8. What is the warning to believers who havetaken this escape route and slackened their riding? Hebrews 2: 1 – 3, 2 Peter 3: 13 – 18 & Hosea 10: 12
Thought Provoking Question:
Will you be in that number, standing outside?