The Power of Our Words
Feb 27, 2021
Subject: The Power of Our Words
Scripture Reading: Mark 11: 19 – 26
Memory Verse: Mark 11: 23
Objective: To develop an understanding of the effect of spoken words.
1. How did Jesus assure His followers that their words can be powerful? Mark 11: 22 – 23
2. What does Solomon say about the words of our mouth? Proverbs 18: 21
4. Describe the two-fold message in the use of words? Proverbs 15: 1
Note: Gentle words – kind and soothing words – have the power to establish and bring about peace, unity and love. Harsh words – rash, unpleasant and unkind words – cause strife, division, war and contention. They destroy relationships and send souls to the lake of fire. Our words have great power every time they are used. Let’s try our best to use them to God’s glory because when He is glorified, we in turn, by Him, will be blessed.
5. What warning is given about the use of words to us in Proverbs 4: 24?
6. Why does Jesus warn us to be careful of our use of words? Matthew 12: 36 – 37
7. How does the wise man describe good words? Proverbs 16: 24